edit: Tomorrow, we're going to take my car down to AAMCO and get the transmission rebuilt. The person from Dad's work isn't going to help him, so we can't get a transmission from a junk yard and put it in because Dad doesn't have the equipment to do it himself. And there's no guarantee on that anyway.
[Mom and I had a bit of a shouting match over the situation, because they didn't want me getting a new car and didn't want to fix mine, and she ran off. Having a minute to think, I realized that we were limiting our options by not considering just fixing the transmission; yeah, "the car isn't worth it," - which may or may not be true - but that doesn't mean it's any less viable a solution considering our other options. So I went and said that I'll just do that if Dad won't replace it with a transmission from the junk yard, which is how we decided to go do that.]